Grüne (Iserlohn), 1907
Knickhütte" in Bigge (Olsberg), around 1920
Window and door fittings, end of 19th century
Tap, beginning of 20th century
1851 - Arnold Oventrop (1820-1871) founds the "Arnold Oventrop & Co. Messing- und Broncewaarenfabrik zu Altena" (bronze and brass works). From the start, the manufacturing programme is founded on materials containing copper. Brassware, e.g. fittings for furniture, doors and windows are produced.
1871 - The company is passed on to the sons Friedrich Wilhelm (1847-1935) and Adolf Oventrop (1851-1912).
1886–1904 - The town of Altena is by now highly industrialised. Employees are hard to find. Therefore Oventrop sets up further production places in the "Sauerland" region (amongst others in Iserlohn and Bigge).
1922 - The son of Friedrich Wilhelm Oventrop, Paul Oventrop (1886-1974) takes over the works in Bigge. (The other works are gradually closed.)
1952 - The families Fähnrich and Rump become partners of the company. The company is leading in the field of oil products.
1973 - The first oil crisis means drastic cutbacks after the "Economy Miracle" years.
1975 - Due to new municipal restructuring, Bigge becomes part of the town of Olsberg. The company's head office is consequently Olsberg.
1980 - New manufacturing premises are opened in Brilon. Thermostatic and other valves and controls dominate the programme.
1990 - The reunification of Germany and the opening of borders to the East contributes to the company's strong growth.
Today - Altogether the company employs 800 people at their two facilities in Olsberg and Brilon. The company has a varied portfolio of over 4,000 products for heating, sanitary and industrial installations on offer. These products are now sold in most countries throughout the world.